Preparing: Baked Goodies
Hmmmmm. Cookies. Man, do I love them!Sugar cookies at Christmas create almost endless possibilities. So many different cookie cutter shapes. Icing, frosting, or neither. Sprinkles, decorating sugars, little candies. And now there are designer gels one can use to add even more decoration. For someone who enjoys creative activities, baking cookies is a dream come true. There is a lot to prepare, but if done well, the product is amazing. Again, I like making things that are beautiful (or close to it), and the fact that they are delicious is definitely a plus. I must admit that I am rubbish with a rolling pin. It makes baking cookies a little more frustrating for me. My mom would say that all I need is more practice with it, but for now, I prefer to wave the white flag and enjoy the fruits of others' labors.
A couple of weeks ago, I made Christmas cookies with my middle school girls' life group. The picture above is of their finished project. It was fun to give them free reign and see what they would do. Most of them stuck to the Christmas theme, although there are a couple of letters, an owl, and what looks to be a ghost (the Ghost of Christmas Past?). The chili pepper is kind of mine. I cut out a cookie in the shape of an ornament, but by the time I got it to the sheet it had morphed into the shape of a chili pepper. I commented this to the ladies, and one of them decorated it as such. It tasted delicious regardless.

Comments