The One
In January I'm moving to a new city and have been searching apartments looking for "The One." Yesterday, I traveled to the new city and saw three possibilities, but none of them met expectations. I wasn't discouraged about the results or lack thereof, as I was able to see different parts of the city and get a feel for what I really want in an apartment.Then this morning I did another apartment search. Oy. How the discouragement set in! Will I ever find a place that has what I want and need? Do I compromise on some of my must-haves? Time is running out! Will I find a place in time? Thoughts and feelings racing.
I went on a walk to pray. Who else better to talk to about these things the The One in charge of them all? The walk was cool until this moment when I stepped into full sun. The warmth covered me from head to toe and chased the chill of the fall morning away. I stood there face to the sky, soaking it in. Ahead I saw that the path was once more covered in shadows and would be cool again. I wasn't daunted as my time in the sun had prepared me for what was to come. And I realized that was what God was doing with my apartment search. There are periods of light and shadows, certainty and uncertainty in our lives. Sometimes we have more shadows than light and vice versa, and sometimes we may think we will never experience either the light or the shadows ever again. God was giving me sunlight so I could face the shadows ahead. He knows what is coming and has gone before me to prepare a place for me. The details and factors I have to consider about a new apartment are not overwhelming to Him. My responsibility is to spend time in His light, soak it up, relish it, and the continue forth through the shadows. My apartment search will be a success because I have already found The One, and it is One whom my soul loves.
I continued on through the shadows to finish my walk. Along the way, there was warmth. And, more importantly, there was peace.
I went on a walk to pray. Who else better to talk to about these things the The One in charge of them all? The walk was cool until this moment when I stepped into full sun. The warmth covered me from head to toe and chased the chill of the fall morning away. I stood there face to the sky, soaking it in. Ahead I saw that the path was once more covered in shadows and would be cool again. I wasn't daunted as my time in the sun had prepared me for what was to come. And I realized that was what God was doing with my apartment search. There are periods of light and shadows, certainty and uncertainty in our lives. Sometimes we have more shadows than light and vice versa, and sometimes we may think we will never experience either the light or the shadows ever again. God was giving me sunlight so I could face the shadows ahead. He knows what is coming and has gone before me to prepare a place for me. The details and factors I have to consider about a new apartment are not overwhelming to Him. My responsibility is to spend time in His light, soak it up, relish it, and the continue forth through the shadows. My apartment search will be a success because I have already found The One, and it is One whom my soul loves.
I continued on through the shadows to finish my walk. Along the way, there was warmth. And, more importantly, there was peace.

Comments